Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Custom painting old tolex covered electric guitar case.?

Anyone know what kind of paint to use on tolex?Custom painting old tolex covered electric guitar case.?
Tolex is a synthetic, usually for amp and speaker covering, but I suppose it is found on guitar cases as well.





Krylon makes a line of paints called ';Fusion';, which bonds with synthetics on a molecular level. I have used it on my amp racks and road cases with good results, as well as speaker covers.





This is what I would recommend. Good luck.Custom painting old tolex covered electric guitar case.?
I've done some work with painting various instruments, and although I've never tried tweed I would imagine a water based acrylic paint when applied with an airbrush would work just fine. I guess that's not really too much help if you don't have an airbrush, but if you don't you should get one anyway, they're a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment